Friday, May 30, 2008

The grand debacle ?

So much for the grand plan about posting from all the places I stop on my way to India. This is what happened.

I thought of writing up something in the flight. But I slept through all of them. Woke up only for the food and sometimes I slept through that too. When I reached Dallas FW airport, I was amazed by its size. Its slick. Its huge. And the MCO seemed so small and raw, if you get what I mean.

The waiting area near the gate 30 of terminal D seemed like a mall. The restaurants, duty free shops and coffee places just seemed to be out of place. The flight to Heathrow, London was peaceful. The American planes are comfy, and my decision to take aisle seats was justified. Though, with the 2-5-2 seating arrangement means that window seats aren't a complete no-no.

London airport is huge. And coming off from another huge airport, one can just appreciate the differences between something English and something American. London, makes good use of the space. So, to an American, the airport will seem ultra crowded and congested.

The reason why the plan failed, was that I got to know that both airports have free wi-fi internet. But in fact, both have wi-fi which needs to be paid for. And that too, in the order of about 10$ atleast. The Dallas airport didnt even have a charging point for laptops. There were places where I could charge my laptop, cell phone etc, but it wasn't free. One needed to pay for it.

Eventually, I tucked my laptop back in my bag, and just looked around. Took some photos. And took loong naps.

Back home. Feels good. Relaxed. More about how it feels .. later.. :-)

1 comment:

  1. dude, after ur first post about the culture shock, i was really looking forward to a 're-culture shock' post... in the pipeline i hope... ur stuff is quirky but fun... :)

    ReplyDelete